Food travels an average of 1,500 miles from farm to fork. Buying locally can reduce that distance and be more cost-efficient. Buying local grass-fed beef is also great for your local economy and your personal health. Keep reading to find out five reasons why you should buy locally-produced grass-fed beef, and check out our blog for more fun facts about sustainability.
- Buying meat locally can help cut back on emissions. The further your food has to travel to get to you, the more carbon is emitted into the atmosphere. Think of buying your food locally like carpooling to work.
- Purchasing meat locally supports your community and local economy. The money you spend within your community at small businesses stays local. By buying your meat locally, you can keep farmers self-employed and support family businesses. Learn how our business got started on our website.
- Purchasing food locally is generally healthier than a conventional alternative. We know this is the case with grass-fed beef! Grass-fed beef provides so many more nutrients and valuable vitamins than grain-finished, feedlot beef. By purchasing grass-fed beef at Dark Hammock Legacy Ranch, you can see the processes we use from start to finish.
- Buying locally can be more budget-friendly. Your food doesn’t have to be shipped across the country, which cuts down on costs. When buying directly from farmers, you also eliminate the middleman markup, or markups made at grocery stores.
- Local food tastes better. If you’ve tasted Dark Hammock Legacy Ranch’s beef, you know it has a different flavor than conventional beef you find at your grocery store. Taste the heartier, more flavorful, rich meat for yourself.
With all of these reasons to buy your meat locally, it’s hard to stay away! We can’t wait to share with you our fresh, delicious grass-fed beef. Feel free to contact us with any questions you might have. Purchase your beef today.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.